Welcome to the Caterpillar Room!
Ages 33 months to 4 years
Preschool Goals and Objectives
- To encourage curiosity and build self-confidence by providing choices that stimulate and use self-motivation.
- To provide a warm environment for children to feel good about and build successful experiences in.
- To encourage a feeling of good will and sensitivity toward other children.
- To provide indoor and outdoor activities for the children to develop both fine and gross motor skills.
- To teach independence through problem solving exploration
- To teach cooperative play and interaction with one another recognizing that there are both individual and group needs involved.
- To provide educational areas of language areas, science, math, art, music, dramatic play, and large and small muscle activities. These learning activities and experiences give opportunities or children to share and give them a feeling of accomplishment.
- Seek to model and provide a loving Christian atmosphere.
Caterpillar Room Teachers
Hello, my name is Karolyn, I’m the lead Teacher in the Caterpillar room. I want to start off thanking the parents for allowing me to play such an active part in the care of your child. They are precious to us all. I went to school at the U of M Waseca, majoring in Early Childhood. I met my husband in 1992, and married in 1994. We settled in Hastings in 1996, where we had our two boys Blake and Carter, and started working at Little Beginnings in August of 2004. My husband and I both enjoy playing cards, attending the latest movies, and spending time with family and friends. In the summer we are found at the pool or at the lake in southern Minnesota. In the winter we are out sledding or curled up in the house reading, playing board games, and card games.
Hi my name is Sandra Mayasich. I am very excited to have the opportunity to interact with your children and see them grow at Little Beginnings. I currently live in Hastings, but came here from St. Cloud, MN. My husband (Mark) and I have 5 children between the two of us and we have 4 wonderful grandchildren. We also have a cat named Buddha who is very spoiled! In my spare time I love reading, movies, walking, words with friends, and most of all spending time with our families.
My bio is coming soon!
Hi guys! I’m Malerie McDowell. I am a qualified floating teacher here at Little Beginnings! I am so blessed to be able to watch your children grow and learn everyday. I graduated in 2014 from Hastings High School. From there I went to a few different schools to find out exactly what I wanted to do with my degree/career. I have always had an interest in a field with child development, but also in the health care field. So I tried classes for nursing, but that didn’t suit me. So, now I am at DCTC studying to become a Dental Assistant. I am going to hopefully be in an orthodontics office working on kids braces one day. In my free time I love to hang out with my family and friends, go shopping, and working out at the YMCA. I love going to tropical places, and I love to go four wheeling/mudding with my friends. I love to coach hockey, and be a part of the community. It’s great to be able to give back in some way, shape, or form.
Caterpillar Room Info
Welcome To Our Class!
The Caterpillar Room is an exciting place to start your preschool experience! We love working with kids and families, working together to create a great year. We will do our best to accommodate any special needs your child may have and look forward to lots of fun.
We use FunShine Express curriculum for a fun filled day of learning. We love to do art, stories, math, science, and most of all play!
Some special days in this room include Bible Time, Nature Room, Mystery Can, and Movie Day.
We go outside to play as much as possible. We will use our brand new outdoor classrooms to not only get exercise and have fun, but explore nature hands on. We will get dirty while we play… but that just means we are truly having a good time!
We recommend rubber boots and croc-like shoes for the warmer weather and good snow boots for the winter.