Welcome to the Dragonfly Room!
Ages 5 year olds
Preschool Goals and Objectives
- To encourage curiosity and build self-confidence by providing choices that stimulate and use self-motivation.
- To provide a warm environment for children to feel good about and build successful experiences in.
- To encourage a feeling of good will and sensitivity toward other children.
- To provide indoor and outdoor activities for the children to develop both fine and gross motor skills.
- To teach independence through problem solving exploration
- To teach cooperative play and interaction with one another recognizing that there are both individual and group needs involved.
- To provide educational areas of language areas, science, math, art, music, dramatic play, and large and small muscle activities. These learning activities and experiences give opportunities or children to share and give them a feeling of accomplishment.
- Seek to model and provide a loving Christian atmosphere.
Dragonfly Room Teachers
Hi! My name is Ms. Sam, the Dragonfly Room lead teacher. I began at Little Beginnings in 2006. I was born and raised in Hastings and I had my first child, Trenton, in January of 2009. My second son, Zachary was born in December of 2012. I attended Inver Hills Community College for four years and I earned an Associate’s Degree in Liberal Arts, as well as, an Associate’s Degree in Human Services. I married my husband, Joe, in January of 2012. My husband is a journeyman Boilermaker with Local Union 647. We enjoy boating in the summer and snowmobiling in the winter and just spending time with family. I enjoy working with children and witnessing the progress they make, nothing is more rewarding than being able to see a child learn a skill that you taught. I am happy to be here, working with you and your child. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not be afraid to ask.
My name is Mary Mahoney. I’ve lived in Hastings for 26 years with my husband Terry and our three sons Ryan, Sean, and Danny. We also have two dogs Ceili and Gizmo. I’ve worked at Little Beginnings since 1999 and work in the Dragonfly Room as an experienced aide. I love spending time with my family. Some of my hobbies are reading, walking, and doing crafts. I love working with children because they’re amazing and they bring so much joy into my life with their laughter and and all the hugs they give. I love getting to know all the kids and watching all the changes they go through while they are at Little Beginnings.
Dragonfly Room Info
Welcome To Our Class!
We are excited to have a great year, filled with new experiences, challenges, and successes. Throughout the year, it is our goal to foster a love for reading and learning in your child. We will also focus on promoting self-help skills and independence to prepare your child for kindergarten. We are honored to have the time with your child and be a part of their learning experience.
With FunShine Express Curriculum, we have a full day. We touch on things like literacy, math, science, art, social studies, and social skills.
Some special days in this room include Bible Time, Nature Room, Favorite Book Day, Show & Share, and Movie Day.
We go outside to play as much as possible. We will use our brand new outdoor classrooms to not only get exercise and have fun, but explore nature hands on. We will get dirty while we play… but that just means we are truly having a good time!
We recommend rubber boots and croc-like shoes for the warmer weather and good snow boots for the winter.